Normally you get my long-drawn out intros here, but…uh, don’t really know how else to say this, but I wrote 4,000+ words about the Cincinnati Bearcats even without this intro. I value your eyesight and your attention spans, so I’ll keep it succinct. The Cincinnati Bearcats are a basketball team located in Cincinnati, Ohio. They are most well-known for:
- Having a genuinely amazing basketball history and being back-to-back national champions in 1961 and 1962
- Being an NCAA Tournament mainstay for the last 30 years
- Somehow only making one Sweet Sixteen in the last 19 years despite feeling like they’ve made seven???
- Remember when they blew it to Nevada despite having a 23-point lead or whatever?
- They employed Bob Huggins until he got a DUI. Then they did not employ Bob Huggins.
- Mick Cronin, maybe the least-remarkable objectively excellent basketball coach in human history, made them very good for a long period of time. Now they have John Brannen, who led them to an AAC title in year one.
- Also they force this slop chili upon you when you enter city limits. Nasty!
The preview follows this very poorly-written intro.
If you’d like to skip ahead, click below:
NEXT PAGE: The Cincinnati chili offense