Appalachian State, as you may have heard, is a school in Boone, North Carolina. They are best known for dropping the match into the batch of lighter fluid that was Lloyd Carr-era Michigan football and causing my dad to have chest pains for the better part of the last two decades. Other than that…
Just kiddin’. The Mountaineers have made the NCAA Tournament once in the 64/68-team era (2000, lost to Ohio State 87-61). They probably won’t do it this year, but their current coach, Dustin Kerns, is the first head coach to make them respectable and solid in over a decade. Pretty good, if you ask me. Finally, on December 15, Tennessee gets to play an opponent that isn’t in the KenPom top 75.
This is a short section that will hopefully alleviate pressure from Grant Ramey’s mentions.
- THE OPPONENT: Appalachian State (4-1).
- THE TIME: 7:00 PM Eastern.
- THE CHANNEL: SEC Network.
- THE SPREAD: Tennessee -18.5.
If you’d like to jump ahead to a different part of the preview, use the provided menu:
- Appalachian State offense
- Appalachian State defense
- Key matchups, lineup notes, three predictions
NEXT PAGE: BasketBoone