There’s only so much I can say about a team Tennessee has played 25 times and beaten 24, so I’ll leave it relatively short. If you are somehow unfamiliar with them, the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles play basketball in Cookeville, TN. They haven’t made the NCAA Tournament since 1963, but they’ve won their conference’s regular season title as recently as 2005. When they do make it back to the NCAA Tournament, it’ll be a great day for basketball in this state.
For…reasons, they hired John Pelphrey, who is 9-29 in his first 38 games as head coach. Cookeville is home to a Popeyes just off of exit 287, which is actually the Popeyes where I first experienced the chicken sandwich. Thank you to my friend Nathan for capturing the moment; the photo is available upon request.
The below section is to alleviate pressure from Grant Ramey’s mentions.
- THE OPPONENT: Tennessee Tech (0-7).
- THE TIME: 7:00 PM ET.
- THE CHANNEL: SEC Network Plus, online-only.
- IF YOU HAVE A CABLE SUBSCRIPTION: You can either go to espn.com/watch and enter in your cable info that way by following the instructions, or if you have a Roku/Amazon Fire thing, go to the ESPN app and do the same thing.
- IF YOU DON’T: Uh…call someone you know that does? Or listen to Bob and Bert?
- THE SPREAD: Tennessee -28.5.
If you’d like to skip ahead to a certain section, click below:
- Tennessee Tech offense
- Tennessee Tech defense
- Lineup notes, key matchup, three predictions
NEXT PAGE: Unlike one of my favorite Al Green songs, nothing about this offense is Simply Beautiful