- If Sharife Cooper is available, the starting lineup will likely be Cooper, Flanigan, Cambridge, Williams, and Thor.
- If Cooper is not available, the lineup against Florida on Tuesday was Johnson, Flanigan, Cambridge, Williams, Thor.
- Cooper being unavailable would also really shorten the bench; only seven players got to 10+ minutes against Florida without him.
- It all seems very dependent on health and whatnot, but the most recent starters were Springer, Bailey, Johnson, Pons, Fulkerson.
- However, if you simply go by who’s getting the most minutes, this is the most likely starting lineup: Springer, Bailey, Johnson, James, Pons.
- Pons got the majority of the minutes at the 5 for the first time all season against Vanderbilt and the team was +10 with him there.
If he’s playing, Sharife Cooper vs. Jaden Springer. Cooper is far and away the best player on this roster, and even a hobbled Cooper could affect the game in several different ways. No one on this team can get to the rim or the free throw line at nearly the same rate.
If he isn’t, Allen Flanigan vs. Jaden Springer. Flanigan is an alright shooter, but he gets a lot of damage done at the rim thanks to his height. Springer will have to be careful to not overcommit on drives and commit recovery fouls.
Jaylin Williams vs. Yves Pons. Williams is also a solid shooter, extremely good at the rim, and is a pretty decent rim protector. He and Pons could have a block battle for a full 40.
- Auburn attempts 27+ threes;
- Both teams combine for 10+ blocked shots;
- Tennessee 74, Auburn 69.