To be frank, it’s a little difficult to write these previews, knowing that in a normal world, Florida likely would’ve had Keyontae Johnson available. Before we even really get started here, a reminder for Vol fans to be praying for his recovery and for the best possible outcome.
Alright, back to the rivalry. Tennessee has defeated Florida on four straight occasions. Mike White, who was about $250K in assistant money away from being Tennessee’s head coach, is 1-5 against Rick Barnes. And I have to say, this is one of my favorite sites on the Internet at the moment.
Here are the things to know about these Florida Gators:
- Based on the roster they had heading into the season, Bart Torvik’s site had them ranked 10th. I know, I know: sounds ridiculous. But Bart’s site also nailed how good Texas would be when a lot of others doubted.
- That said, the Gators are now ranked 37th and freefalling on the same site.
- The Gators are as close to a schizophrenic team as Tennessee can draw this year. They’ve got five 90+ Game Scores on Torvik’s site (that’s very good)…and five performances of 72 or worse (that’s not good).
- The only player who was on Tennessee’s roster the last time Tennessee lost to Florida (2017) is John Fulkerson.
- Mike White is 1-5 against Rick Barnes and 56-34 against all other SEC competition.
Here is a game information section to relieve pressure from Grant Ramey’s mentions.
- THE OPPONENT: Florida (6-4, 3-3).
- THE CHANNEL: ESPN. Dick Vitale is on the call, just FYI.
- THE TIME: 7 PM ET.
- THE SPREAD: Tennessee -7.
To move ahead to a certain section, click below.
NEXT PAGE: If you ask politely I’ll give you my thoughts on Tennessee football. Just kiddin’